Online Casino Philippines – Your Guide to Online Casinos in the Philippines
Introduction to Online Casino Philippines
Gambling is now a super popular pastime in all corners of the globe. In the Philippines, games of chance have been prevalent even before the Spanish colonization. Some speculate that the earliest ones got introduced in the archipelago by Chinese traders in the late 16th century.
Naturally, like with everything, this hobby has now moved on to the digital sphere. Online casinos are all the rage, with thousands of such platforms overflowing the internet. These are casino sites that let you enjoy many of the same games that you can find at land-based venues for real money.
Phrases such as – online casino Philippines and casino Filipino have massive search volumes. That is evidence that more and more Filipinos are discovering the joys of real money casinos, the entertainment value that these platforms offer via their online casino games, and their money-making potential. When it comes to the latter, remember that online gambling is more about having fun than about turning a profit. Visiting the best online casinos in hopes of only getting rich can get you in trouble. When playing casino games, first and foremost, look to take in some thrills thanks to the unpredictability of online casino action. Perceive real money prizes as a happy byproduct of the online casino Philippines experience.
We Have Aggregated the Best Casino Sites in the Philippines
If you are on this page, seeking internet gambling in the Philippines, you have likely Googled – online casino Philippines before? If you have, you know that a ton of online casinos instantly pop up. Therefore, the number of casinos online for Filipinos is vast. Many platforms advertise using slogans like – try out the best online casino in the Philippines, or this is the best casino site for Filipinos. Thus, we understand that things can get confusing fast and that picking a trustworthy operator is not simple.
To help you on your online casino Philippines quest, we have made everything super easy by aggregating the top platforms that offer online gambling in the Philippines. These are premium casinos online that feature robust gaming libraries, state-of-the-art security, and an enticing online casino bonus or two.
Gaming companies in the Philippines focus on the land-based sector due to the country’s legal restrictions. However, offshore brands make sure that Filipinos do not get deprived of online gambling entertainment. Our team of veteran players has combed through the internet, scouring it to locate the best casino sites for Filipinos. Our search has yielded the casino sites listed here. In our opinion, they are all more than decent gaming homes that are worthy enough to fight over the title for the best casino in the Philippines, the most exceptional casino Filipino online platform.
The History of Online Gambling & Real Money Casinos
Most people do not know that the internet has been around in a very primitive form dating back to the 1970s. Nevertheless, the World Wide Web got invented in 1991, and in 1995, the internet became commercially available, as it began to get sold to consumers everywhere. The inception of the online gambling industry happened a year prior, as multiple entrepreneurs saw potential in real money casinos that operate in the digital sphere.
Here is a brief rundown of what occurred in the 1990s, when the online gambling sector was in its inception, with online casinos slowly assuming the form we recognize them in today.
- 1994 – Antigua and Barbuda passed the Free Trade and Processing Act.
- 1994 – Microgaming develops the first online casino software and the original set of online casino games.
- 1996 – CryptoLogic creates its casino site transaction system.
- 1996 – CryptoLogic launches the initial online casino – InterCasino.
- 1996 – Intertops becomes the first online sportsbook.
- 1996 – The online casino regulators, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, and eGaming Curacao come into existence.
- 1998 – Planet Poker becomes the first online gambling site to offer real money poker.
- 1999 – Progressive online casino games make their debut.
In 2018, the American Gaming Association estimated that there are over 2,800 casino sites. In all honesty, that figure is now likely way above 3,000, inching closer to 4,000 casino sites.
Many of these are sites that take in players from the Philippines or casino Filipino platforms. They have their doors wide open for Filipino gaming enthusiasts. So, if you are looking for an online casino Philippines for real money, do not fret. You are not short on options regarding casino Filipino gaming homes.
The Legality of Online Gambling in the Philippines
Many gaming operators say that they have an online casino Philippines in their portfolio of platforms. However, what you must understand is that according to Filipino law, gaming companies in the Philippines cannot offer online casino games to the country’s residents. That said, a foreign online casino in the Philippines or one that accepts the country’s residents causes no legal problems for anyone. Filipinos are free to enjoy such casino sites without fear of any legal prosecution. So, whenever you see the phrase – online casino Philippines used, know that it likely refers to a casino site based in a foreign territory that gets overseen by an international online gambling regulator. An online casino Philippines is not a casino online run by gaming companies in the Philippines.
Gaming companies in the Philippines can only operate land-based establishments. PAGCOR or the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation is a government-controlled organization that licenses card and casino games. It is, in a sense, a branch of the Office of the President of the Philippines. It operates its casinos and oversees privately-owned locales that offer gaming in the country. Any casino in the Philippines gets monitored by PAGCOR. The same applies to e-games cafes.
The only area not under the watchful eye of PAGCOR in the Philippines is the Cagayan Special Economic Zone and Freeport that many call – Cagayan Freeport for short. It is its online gambling licensing jurisdiction, the only one of its kind in all of Asia. Yet, even such a casino Filipino license is hard to come by, and it also does not let gaming companies in the Philippines offer their services to locals. So, that means there is no real online casino Philippines, only foreign casino sites that accept players from within the country’s borders. POGO, or the Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators, is an association of more than sixty gaming companies in the Philippines that offer online casino action to customers outside the country.
How to Properly Assess Online Casinos
Naturally, you want to play at one of the best online casino Philippines platforms instead of getting stuck with subpar casino sites. We recommend that you pick a casino Philippines we have featured here. They are the only online gambling Philippines sites with our seal of approval, ones that we can vouch for 100%.
Nevertheless, if you do not want to heed our advice and want to discover on your own a quality online gambling site, ensure to check the following ten elements before making an online casino deposit.
- Licensing – Online gambling regulation plays a crucial role in this industry. It guarantees that an online casino is financially stable and can pay out all wins stemming from the money bet on its casino games. At least, that was its financial status when it acquired or renewed its online casino license. The top international regulators in the online gambling industry are the Malta Gaming Authority, Curacao’s four master license holders, and Panama’s Gaming Control Board.
- Data Encryption – Virtually every licensed casino site implements high-end data encryption of the 128-bit or 256-bit variety. Secure Socket Layer technology is the industry standard. You can check to see if your chosen online casino Philippines implements it by looking for the little lock icon in your address bar.
- Responsible gaming features – Never overstep your means when gambling in the Philippines, online, and at land-based venues. Real-world gaming companies in the Philippines do not have many responsible gambling measures, but thankfully, real money casinos do. If you have chosen a super credible online casino Philippines, you should be able to go to your account page and find a responsible gambling tab there. If you have such an option, it will let you set loss/deposit limits and self-exclude. Sadly, not all casino sites will have this function, but if the online casino Philippines you have chosen features it, that is an excellent sign that it cares about its patrons.
- Game library – Naturally, you visit an online casino to play casino games. Therefore, an essential criterion when selecting a gaming home is that the casino sites in contention for this honor feature vast game catalogs. Slots continuously rank among the 10 most popular online games in the Philippines. These are simple-to-play gaming products that get more advanced with each passing year. So, look to pick a casino that features at least over one hundred reel-spinners.
- Game testing – Okay, so you have chosen a licensed casino site that houses lots and lots of casino games. That is terrific. However, how do you know that all those products are fair? Well, to find out, you must throw a glance down again to your platform’s footer. Look there to see if it features a logo of a testing agency such as TST, iTech Labs, or ECOGRA. If it does, that means that all its online casino games undergo rigorous random testing. These tests ensure that all the casino games produce results decided by a random number generator whose behavior your online casino Philipines cannot affect.
- Bonuses – Every internet game of chance enthusiasts knows the value of a decent online casino bonus. The best such offers provide heaps of free-play cash. So, you do not want to pass up an opportunity to claim a premium online casino bonus. These come in many forms. Look to play at only online casinos that feature at least two bonuses of some sort.
- Payment methods – Money transactions at casinos online can drastically affect how you feel about online gambling. If you do not believe us, then you have never played at an online casino Philippines that has had strict KYC requirements or one that manually processes all payments. Aim to locate a casino in the Philippines that features a diverse range of payment methods and has automatic processing. Remember, if you are a fiat currency user, the quickest way to remove funds from your casino Filipino balance is to opt for an e-wallet. Overall, cryptocurrencies should get this job done faster and in total anonymity.
- Usability – The best casino sites have intuitive navigation. That means they let you swiftly jump from section to section of their casino Filipino gaming platform. If you have issues locating pages of a casino site or are struggling to find a button, know that that is not your fault. The online casino Philippines that you are playing at did not hire a knowledgeable UX designer who knows how to make things simple for all.
- Mobile compatibility – Pretty much all the best online casinos have seamless smartphone compatibility these days. Still, it is a good idea to check how the casino site you are planning to use works on your phone before depositing via a desktop browser. If playing online casino games on the go is of interest to you, do not skip this process. The least you can do is resize your desktop browser to see how responsive the online casino Philippines you are considering is, how it reflows its content to fit different sized screens.
Deposit Options at Casinos Online in the Philippines
The deposit methods available for you will differ depending on which online casino Philippines you have chosen. Most casino sites will offer a few transfer options that accept multiple currencies, including the Philippine peso. However, those that wish to fund their casino Filipino account with euros or the US dollar should also have that option. The reality is that much of the online gambling in the Philippines happens via the use of foreign currencies.
The most common deposit options you will stumble across at online casinos that target Filipino players are:
- Credit/debit cards – Credit/debit cards are the most accessible choice for most players from anywhere. Thankfully, most online casinos accept popular brands like MasterCard and Visa, and funds deposited through this method should instantly land in a player’s casino Filipino account. Know that there may be a low percentage fee attached to credit/debit card deposits at some casino sites. That is entirely up to the discretion of an online gambling operator.
- E-wallets – For the uninformed, e-wallets are a software solution for online payments. They provide a peer-to-peer digital wallet service accessible through your smartphone or desktop computer. Skrill and Neteller are two e-wallets that the online gambling sector adores, and they are both available for Filipinos, accepting the Philippine peso. Deposits made through this method at a casino site should not incur any fees.
- Pre-paid cards – Prepaid options are physical or digital cards that you can load with money that you can later deposit at an online casino Philippines. Their main benefit lies in that they can act as a responsible gambling measure, as you cannot accumulate debt with them, and you have to go through the arduous process of buying/funding another card to keep playing. One super popular card that Filipino gamblers love using at casino sites is ecoPayz.
- Wire transfer – Most modern players see wire transfer as an archaic method for use at an online casino. Yet, it is still a viable option that some prefer. It has premium security, but deposits made through this method may take some time before they reach your casino Filipino account. So, if you are into quick real money casino action, you may want to utilize another transaction option. If you are of the old school and do not mind slow processing times, feel free to use wire transfers.
- Cryptocurrencies – Cryptos are a hot trend. They have been around since 2009, but the first crypto online casinos appeared in 2011 and were dice ones. Now, there are hundreds of casino sites accepting cryptocurrencies. Digital money gives you the benefit of anonymity while also supplying you with fast transfer speeds. Crypto deposits at a casino site should happen instantly, but things may get stretched out a bit if you opt to use an altcoin that requires several network confirmations. Some may have up to twenty.
- Money orders – You do not see many casinos online offer a money order option, but some do, so we decided to mention it here. A money order service requires that you visit a retail outlet and give the money you wish to deposit at your casino online there. It will then funnel it to your online gambling operator. The perks here are that this is a simple solution that ensures financial security. Its chief negative aspect is that it takes a lot of time for your funds to land in your casino Filipino account.
Withdrawal Methods at Online Casinos for Filipinos
Almost always, any online casino Philippines will feature fewer withdrawal options than deposit ones. Of course, you cannot take out money from your casino site balance via a pre-paid card, and most real money casinos also do not allow money orders as a way for you to remove funds from your balance. That said, all the other deposit methods listed above should be available for withdrawals. However, not every casino site will feature all of these. Each online casino Philippines that you locate will have its mix of withdrawal options. You must understand how each one works and check their processing times and associated fees.
KYC, or Know Your Customer is another super important procedure that you should fully grasp. It is an anti-money laundering and fraud measure that will require that you submit documentation that proves your identity. Your online casino Philippines may demand this of you when you try to make your first withdrawal. Usually, it takes around 24 to 48-hours for this verification process to get completed before your site for gambling in the Philippines approves your withdrawal request and begins processing your money transfer.
It is worth mentioning that you may find a casino site or two that offer a check-by-courier as a way to remove funds from your casino Filipino account. That is what you think it is. If you choose it, a check will get delivered to your door via a courier service. You will have to sign to receive it, and you can cash it out at your local bank.
How to Deposit/Withdraw Money from a Casino Site
To place funds in your casino Filipino account, you will have to follow these steps:
- Open your chosen casino site.
- Navigate over to its cashier tab.
- Pick the deposit option.
- Select your preferred online casino transaction method.
- Enter your desired deposit amount.
- Confirm your transfer.
In most cases, deposits via all methods should land immediately in your casino site balance. There will rarely be any fees associated with this process, and it is unlikely that any problems will arise during it. Gaming companies in the Philippines and those outside it utilize the same strategy. They want you playing with full pockets. That is why casinos in the Philippines have ATMs near their gaming floors, and online casino Philippines platforms work extra hard to make depositing hassle-free.
Now, the opposite applies to removing funds from your casino Filipino account. That is so because casinos online do not want you visiting their platform with an empty balance. If you already have money in your casino site account, you are more likely to play. So, even the best casino site out there aims to make withdrawals a bit more strenuous than depositing.
The process for you to request one is similarly simple to the one explained above about depositing. It entails that:
- You open the homepage of your online casino Philippines.
- Head over to your cashier tab, often located inside your account menu or profile page.
- Select the withdrawal option.
- Pick your transaction method.
- Input your desired withdrawal sum.
- Confirm your transfer.
As touched upon above, each method has its withdrawal processing times. Now, these depend on the service chosen and your online casino. Some casinos online manually process all transactions above a specific amount. That takes time. Others have a 48-hour hold on all withdrawals, which is a period that a casino site gives you to change your mind and cancel your request to keep playing. Moreover, the payment services themselves can also take their sweet time sending you your money.
Often, e-wallet withdrawal transfers occur in 24 to 48-hours. Credit/debit ones may take up to three to five working days to go through. Wire transfers may incur a wait of over seven banking days.
The time you have to wait to get your funds from your online gambling platform should not be the only factor that determines which method you will choose. Understand that even the best casino sites may charge fees for all withdrawal methods. Even if the casino site itself does not take a commission, the payment service may. For example, you must pay a blockchain maintenance fee each time you remove digital coins from your casino Filipino account. Almost always, wire transfer and a check-by-courier will be the highest withdrawal fees listed, by far, followed by credit/debit card options. E-wallets will often charge a commission, which will vary depending on the type of digital money storage you are utilizing.
So, keep in mind that even if gaming companies in the Philippines and those outside it do not have any fees for online money transfers, you may still not get your winnings in their entirety. That is so because your payment service will bill you a small commission for facilitating monetary transfers.
The Different Types of Online Casino Bonuses
There may be multiple types of promotions available at real money casinos, but not all deals are claimable via every payment method offered. Many casino sites do not allow promos for Skrill and Neteller users. Keep that in mind when seeking out online casino games for gambling in the Philippines.
Now, the truth about the online gambling industry is that all casinos online live and die based on the promotions or the online casino bonuses that they supply to their existing and potential user bases. Promo deals are the backbone of the online gambling sector, and the worst and best casino sites offer them in almost equal abundance. Thus, when looking at a real money casino, you should never create an account with a casino online before browsing through its promo page. There, the most common types of online casino bonuses you will find are:
- No deposit bonus – What is a no deposit online casino bonus? It is what you think it is, a deal that gives you the chance to enjoy a bit of online gambling without you depositing any funds in your casino Filipino account. You play online casino games for free with looming real money prizes. Several catches come with such an online bonus, so pay close attention to the following sentences. Every online casino Philippines that offers a no deposit online casino bonus will only give you a small amount of free-play funds or free spins. Moreover, that casino online will also restrict you from using these funds/spins on specific high variance online casino games that rarely pay out. Despite the flaws of this online casino bonus, it is still a not-miss offer that you must take advantage of if you come across it.
- Deposit matchdeal – Here is the most common online casino bonus that online gambling Philippines platforms provide. It is a percentage match up to a specific sum. Usually, this deal will be a part of an online casino bonus package, which may also contain some free spins. The amount of free-play funds an online casino Philippines will give away via this promo differs. That is entirely up to each casino online to decide. Most real money casinos aim to provide a deposit match of at least ₱5,000 upon sign up. Something equal to or above this figure is what you should expect from a standard online casino Philippines.
- Crypto bonuses– There is no doubt that cryptocurrencies are a scorching hot trend now. They feature unparalleled transfer speeds and offer total anonymity. Those are two things that people that play online casino games crave. Real money casinos understand this, which is why they aim to stimulate crypto-use at casinos online. They do so by offering exclusive online casino bonuses to digital coin users. In most cases, such deals at casino sites are far more alluring than the bonuses on hand for players that utilize fiat currencies to fund their casino Filipino account.
- VIP programs– Like everyone else, Filipino players also want to get rewarded for their patronage of casinos online. Luckily, they get just that at most casino sites. Loyalty schemes are the marketing ploy of the 21st century, and the online gambling industry also utilizes this tool to keep all existing players from straying to another casino online. Online gambling in the Philippines is skyrocketing, and betting activity point-collecting systems at real money casinos have played a massive role in this occurrence. These multi-tier programs feature level-up bonuses, free spins, and cashback.
- Cashback– To quickly explain cashback to all the uninformed players out there, it is a refund, described in a pre-defined percentage, that your casino online will give you from your incurred losses from a specific period. Often, casinos online have weekly cashback promotions where this refund percentage falls in the 5% to 15% range. Nonetheless, it is not unheard of for an online casino Philippines to feature a cashback deal where this percentage goes above the 15%-mark. If that sounds intriguing, do your research regarding casino Philippines platforms, concentrating on their cashback offers. You may find such a rare online casino bonus if you put in the leg work needed.
- Free spins – We mentioned free spins above. They are complimentary reel rotations that an online casino Philippines gives out on pre-designated slots. The same as a no deposit online casino bonus, these also get awarded for high variance online casino games. They can get throw in with other promos or act as stand-alone ones at real money casinos.
Online Casino Bonus Terms Explained
Never instantly register with an online casino Philippines that advertises a generous promotion. You have to read every online casino bonus term first to assess each promo’s accurate value. Doing so ensures that it does not hide any unfulfillable conditions in its fine print. The saying is – the devil is in the detail, and some shady casinos online try to sneak in terms inside their online casino bonuses that make them impossible to claim. Hence you have to go through them super carefully.
To make things simple, we will detail the standard stipulations that most online casino bonuses feature. Understand all terms 100% before clicking the activate button of any offer your chosen online casino Philippines provides. If you are unsure what they mean, re-read this section of our guide again, or do some further Googling.
All that out of the way, look for the following conditions in your online casino bonus’ T&C:
- Maximum bonus amount– This is a simple one. It will tell you the max sum of free play funds a bonus can give out. For example, if a casino online says that it will match your deposit 100% up to ₱5,000, if you deposit ₱10,000, you will still get only ₱5,000.
- Max wager limit– Sadly, you are unlikely to become a millionaire via online gambling if you use free-play cash. That is so because virtually every online casino bonus has a max bet limit. That means you can only make wagers that are average with your bonus cash. Unless you hit a massive multiplier on your chosen casino game, all you can hope for are decently sized prizes that will make you happy but not wealthy.
- Wagering requirement– Out of all the casino bonus stipulations out there, this is the most famous one. It is a multiplier that tells you how many times you have to bet your deposit before becoming eligible to withdraw your bonus winnings. Every online casino Philippines that gives away deposit matches incorporates this condition. Most online casinos set their wagering requirements in the x30 to x 40 range. Some casino Philippines platforms also call this stipulation rollover or turnover.
- Deadline– You get limited in terms of how long you have to complete the wagering requirement associated with your bonus. The rule of thumb here is that the more bonus money your casino online seeks to give out, the more time you have to fulfill all stipulations that that deal features.
- Ineligibility and game contribution– Not all gaming products contribute towards the fulfilling of a wagering requirement. A casino online will list those online casino games that have been exempt from bonus requirement completion in its general terms and conditions page. On it, there will also be a list of game contribution percentages. They should have their table.
- Bonus codes– These are one-word combinations of numbers and letters that open doors to exclusive offers. Casinos online like to post such cryptograms in their newsletters, or they supply them to affiliate partners. If you stumble upon one, copy it, and use it at your chosen online casino Philippines.
Responsible Gambling in the Philippines
PAGCOR has a Code of Practice that lists responsible gambling guidelines obligatory for all PAGCOR-operated casinos in the Philippines. Similarly, all foreign online casinos also try to adhere to general standards that stop players from developing or feeding a compulsion regarding online gambling. They do so by:
- Providing links to organizations that offer gambling addiction counseling.
- Allowing players to set deposit and loss limits inside their casino Filipino profile page.
- Offering players the ability to activate a cool-down period. Some also referred to this as self-exclusion.
It is paramount for anyone that seeks to play at real money casinos to be aware of the risks associated with this activity if there is no proper impulse control involved. Only a tiny portion of people that frequent online casinos become addicted to online casino games. Still, everyone must understand that that is a possibility and something that may happen to them. So, never overstep your means by wagering more than what you can afford to lose.
Proper bankroll management when engaging in real money casino entertainment is crucial. Everyone should budget their gaming sessions wisely, both money and time-wise.
Pretty much any online casino Philippines you will find on the World Wide Web engages in ethical marketing and seeks to prevent underage betting. Their gaming license mandates this, but so does their conscience.
Final Thought on Online Gambling in the Philippines
If you have chosen to test your luck on casino games at an online casino Philippines, know that you are free to do so. You will not get prosecuted for enjoying this hobby. The number of digital platforms that offer internet gambling in the Philippines is vast. Thus, it can be hard to figure out what casinos online are trustworthy. We have done extensive research into real money casinos and have put together what we believe is a list of the best online casinos for Filipino players. The real money casinos that we feature here offer top-notch security and allow the use of multiple payment methods for Filipinos.
Any online casino Philippines worth its salt will have a robust catalog of online casino games and offer multiple bonuses. Our list of the best casino sites features such platforms. Any one of them would make a more than decent gaming home for players of all experience levels. However, if you do not trust our selection, nothing is stopping you from scouring the digital sphere in search of a site that is the perfect fit for you.
In closing, we would like to add that whatever online casino Philippines you choose to call home, remember to play responsibly, always. Chasing losses at a casino online can lead you down a road where the end destination is financial and emotional peril. Only look at real money casinos as websites that are there to entertain. Profits earned through online casino games are a byproduct of a good time. Nothing more.
Online Casino Philippines FAQ
Are Online Casinos in the Philippines Legal?
Gaming companies in the Philippines cannot offer internet gambling services to Filipino players. However, residents of the Philippines are free to enjoy online casino games at foreign real money casinos. A 2012 court ruling stated that no law in the Philippines makes it illegal for residents to place bets on the internet.
Are All Online Casinos Safe?
Yes, of course. Licensed online casinos feature state-of-the-art encryption, and they get vetted for financial stability before they get permission to offer their services internationally. Therefore, every online casino Philippines gets monitored by a reputable regulator that ensures that no Filipino player gets cheated.
What Are the Most Popular Online Games in the Philippines?
By far, slots are the most played gaming product at casinos online. They may even rank among the 10 most popular online games in the Philippines in general. Their simple gameplay and massive prizes make them a hit with players at real money casinos.
What Is the Quickest Way to Withdraw Money from an Online Casino?
If your chosen online casino Philippines allows cryptocurrencies, they are the swiftest method to remove funds from your casino Filipino account. If you do not own any digital coins, then an e-wallet is the next best thing. It can facilitate money transactions from your casino online to your pocket in less than 48 hours.
What Is the Most Popular Online Casino Bonus?
Deposit matches on sign-up are the industry standard and the offer that most online casinos will feature to lure in new players. If you see the phrase welcome bonus at a casino online, 99% of the time, it will include one or more deposit matches.
What Is a Wagering Requirement?
It is a bonus term that signifies how many times you have to wager your deposited sum before you can remove any prizes stemming from your use of free-play cash.